CES Research: North America Energy Policy, 2014-17
Executive Summary: Houston Energy Dialogues
Study: Geopolitical dimensions of US oil security by Jim Krane and Kenneth B. Medlock III, Rice University's Baker Institute.
Testimony: Hearing on The Evolution of Energy Infrastructure in the United States and How Lessons Learned from the Past Can Inform Future Opportunities by Kenneth B. Medlock III, Rice University's Baker Institute.
Study: The Trump Administration, Trade and Energy by Kenneth B. Medlock III, Rice University's Baker Institute.
Study: Apocalypse Now: Venezuela, Oil and Reconstruction by Antoine Halff, Columbia University’s Center on Global Energy Policy; Francisco Monaldi, Rice University's Baker Institute; Luisa Palacios, Columbia University’s Center on Global Energy Policy; and Miguel Angel Santos, Harvard University's Center for International Development.
Study: Electricity Reform and Retail Pricing in Texas by Peter Hartley, Kenneth B. Medlock III, and Olivera Jankovska, Rice University's Baker Institute. The authors study the impact of competition on retail electricity prices.
Study: The Macroeconomic Impact of Increasing U.S LNG Exports by Kenneth B. Medlock III, Rice University's Baker Institute; Adrian Cooper, Oxford Economics; Michael Kleiman, Oxford Economics; and Scott Livermore, Oxford Economics. This Department of Energy-sponsored study examines the cumulative impacts of U.S. liquefied natural gas exports.
Study: "Framing Energy Issues: An Impact Analysis of Public Policy, Hydraulic Fracturing and Shale Gas Development"
Funding for the study was provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
Study: Geopolitics of Natural Gas by Kenneth B. Medlock III, Rice University's Baker Institute; Meghan O'Sullivan, Harvard University's Kennedy School; Amy Myers Jaffe, University of California, Davis
Study: To Lift or Not to Lift? The U.S. Crude Oil Export Ban: Implications for Price and Energy Security by Kenneth B. Medlock III
- Groundwater Valuation in Texas: The Comparable Transactions Method by Gabriel Collins
- Valuing Groundwater: A Tricky Business by Gabriel Collins
- The Collapse of the Venezuelan Oil Industry and Its Global Consequences by Francisco J. Monaldi
- U.S. Energy Dominance: Markets Trump Policy in 2017 by Anna Mikulska and Michael D. Maher
- Is the Petro Truly Backed by Oil Reserves? by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Code Red: Venezuela's Oil and Debt Crises by Antoine Halff, Francisco J. Monaldi, Luisa Palacios, and Miguel Angel Santos
- Mideast Strife Is Cash Positive for U.S. Natural Gas — And Chinese Coal by Jim Krane
- Mexico Shifts Focus to Natural Gas by Adrian Duhalt
- Delivery of Russian LNG Heats Up Discussion about U.S. Energy Dominance and Sanctions by Anna Mikulska
- Venezuela's Oil Mythologies Have Hindered Its Development by Luis A. Pacheco
- The Death Spiral of Venezuela's Oil Sector and What Can Be Done About It by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Putting the U.S. Shale Revolution in Perspective for an Audience from China by Gabriel Collins
- New Fuel Retailers Eye Pemex Market by Adrian Duhalt
- NAFTA Negotiations: What's in It for the U.S.-Mexico Energy Trade? by Adrian Duhalt
- Should the U.S. Limit Exports of Natural Gas? by Anna Mikulska and Paul Cicio
- Distributed photovoltaic power generation: Possibilities, benefits, and challenges for a widespread application in the Mexican residential sector by Pedro I. Hancevic, Hector M. Nuñez and Juan Rosellon
- The Cost of Displacing Fossil Fuels: Some Evidence from Texas by Peter R. Hartley
- The Jones Act: Friend or Foe? by Ted Loch-Temzelides
- Venezuela: What are the most effective US sanctions? by David Mortlock and Francisco Monaldi
- Apocalypse Now: Venezuela, Oil and Reconstruction by Antoine Halff, Francisco Monaldi, Luisa Palacios, and Miguel Angel Santos
- Could Venezuela’s Oil Sector Survive U.S. Sanctions? by Francisco Monaldi
- As Trump Rolls Back Methane Rules, What Should The Oil & Gas Industry Do? by Michael D. Maher and Ben Ratner
- An Abundance Of Riches? US Natural Gas, Manufacturing And LNG Exports by Anna Mikulska and Michael Maher
- Bid by bid, Mexico is building a private oil and gas sector by Adrian Duhalt
- Looting Fuel Pipelines in Mexico by Adrian Duhalt
- What will it take to revive the oil industry in Venezuela? by Francisco Monaldi
- Assessing Shale Producers' Ability to Scale-up Activity by Gabriel Collins and Kenneth B. Medlock III
- The Land of Opportunity? Policy, Constraints and Energy Security in North America by Kenneth B. Medlock III
- Employment Impacts of Upstream Oil and Gas Investment in the United States by Mark Agerton, Kenneth B. Medlock III and Ted Temzelides
- Shale Gas and U.S. National Security by Kenneth B. Medlock III, Amy Myers Jaffe and Peter R. Hartley
- Shale Gas and Tight Oil by Al Troner
- First Take: Latin America's Oil and Gas by Francisco J. Monaldi
- The Impact of the Decline in Oil Prices on the Economics, Politics and Oil Industry of Venezuela by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Is Resource Nationalism Fading in Latin America? The Case of the Oil Industry by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Oil and Politics in Venezuela by Francisco J. Monaldi
- The Mining Boom in Latin America: Rents, Development and Democracy by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Exploiting Latin America's Oil Potential Hampered by Politics by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Direct Distribution of Oil Revenues in Venezuela: A Viable Alternative? by Francisco J. Monaldi
- La Industria Petrolera Venezolana: Una Nueva Oportunidad Historica by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Decentralizing Power in Latin America: The Role of the Governors in the National Arena by Francisco J. Monaldi
- La Economía Política del Petróleo y el Gas en América Latina by Francisco J. Monaldi
- The Political Economy of Oil Contract Renegotiation in Venezuela by Francisco J. Monaldi
- The Political Economy of Oil Production in Latin America by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Análisis Institucional de la Gobernabilidad y Contratación en el Sector Petrolero: Casos de la Región Andina by Francisco J. Monaldi
- Political Institutions, Policymaking Processes, and Policy Outcomes in Venezuela by Francisco J. Monaldi