2015 Student Colloquium
Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy is sponsoring a student-led program and associated course, POST 370: Public Diplomacy and Global Policymaking. This three-credit-hour course will be organized around a student colloquium during Rice’s spring break (Feb. 28-March 8, 2015) with undergraduates from Qatar. Students will have the opportunity to conduct a research project during the semester, present their work in Doha and get feedback from their Qatari peers. Past topics ranged from health care to foreign policy and the media. The Baker Institute will cover all travel expenses for accepted applicants. Undergraduate students of all years and majors are strongly encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply for the 2015 PDGP cohort is Thursday, Oct. 23. Click here to read an overview of Qatar and relevant policy and diplomacy issues.
- Cover page (name and contact information)
- Unofficial transcript
- Academic résumé (maximum two pages)
- Proposal describing a research topic of interest to the U.S. and Qatar (600 words)
- Letter of recommendation (academic)
- Scanned copy of valid passport
Submit materials or ask questions:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by campus mail:
ATTN: Ariana Marnicio
Baker Institute MS–40
For more information: