Title: Nonresident Scholar
Office Phone: (713) 798-8350
Kevin Erickson, M.D., is a nonresident scholar in the Center for Health and Biosciences. He is an assistant professor in the Section of Nephrology and an investigator at the Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety at Baylor College of Medicine.
His research focuses on health economics, policy and outcomes in kidney disease. With a career development award from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, he is currently studying how competition between dialysis providers affects the quality of care and health outcomes. In addition to his research, Erickson is a practicing nephrologist at Baylor College of Medicine and a member of the American Society of Nephrology Public Policy Board.
Erikson trained in internal medicine at Emory University and nephrology at Stanford University. He was a faculty member at Stanford University prior to coming to Baylor. As a post-doctoral fellow at Stanford, Erickson was awarded an F32 research grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to study the effect of nephrologist-reimbursement reform on health outcomes in dialysis. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Amherst College and spent two years working as an economist for the White House Council of Economic Advisers and the U.S. Senate's Joint Economic Committee prior to attending medical school at the University of Pennsylvania.
my research and publications
- 10/26/2018 - Did Medicaid Expansion Reduce Mortality Among Dialysis Patients?
- 02/05/2020 - Bundled Payment Reform and Dialysis Facility Closures in ESKD
- 01/15/2020 - Consolidation in Dialysis Markets
- 12/19/2019 - Safety-Net Care for Maintenance Dialysis in the United States
- 05/17/2019 - The Association of Hospitalization and Mortality with Dialysis Facility Chains
- 01/24/2019 - Market Consolidation and Mortality in Patients Receiving Hemodialysis
- 11/05/2018 - Policy Mandates in U.S. Dialysis Care
- 11/01/2018 - Health Insurance in the First Months of Hemodialysis
- 06/07/2016 - Payment reform in health care
- 09/11/2018 - Study: Predictors of Dialysis Facility Experiences
- 08/08/2018 - Market Consolidation and Mortality in Patients Initiating Hemodialysis
- 02/22/2018 - Market Competition and Health Outcomes in Dialysis
- 01/29/2018 - Job Trends Among Patients on Dialysis
- 11/09/2016 - Consolidating the Dialysis Industry
- 06/16/2016 - Effects of Physician Payment Reform on Provision of Home Dialysis
- 05/18/2020 - Pre-ESKD Nephrology Care and Employment at the Start of Dialysis