Title: Isaac and Mildred Brochstein Fellow in Middle East Peace and Security in Honor of Yitzhak Rabin
Office Phone: +97 252 894 1941
Gilead Sher is the Isaac and Mildred Brochstein Fellow in Middle East Peace and Security in Honor of Yitzhak Rabin at the Baker Institute. He is also a senior researcher at the Tel Aviv Institute for National Security Studies (INSS), where he heads the Center for Applied Negotiations. He was chief of staff and policy coordinator to former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak. From 1999 to 2001, he served as Israel’s chief and co-chief negotiator at the Camp David Summit and the Taba Summit, respectively. He was appointed by Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin as a delegate to the 1994-1995 Interim Agreement negotiations with the Palestinians.
Sher is a reserve colonel in the Israel Defense Forces and served in reserve service as an armored corps brigade commander and a deputy division commander. He co-chairs the nonprofit Blue White Future and is board chairman of Sapir Academic College, the largest public college in Israel. In fall 2016, Sher was a lecturer of law at Harvard Law School. He previously was a guest lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. He is the author of “The Israeli-Palestinian Peace Negotiations, 1999–2001: Within Reach” (Routledge, 2006) and “The Battle for Home” (Yedioth Aharonot, 2016), co-editor with Anat Kurz of “Negotiating in Times of Conflict” (ContentoNow, 2016); and co-editor with Galia Golan of “Spoilers and Coping with Spoilers: Israeli-Arab Negotiations” (Indiana University Press, 2019).
Sher is a senior partner at Gilead Sher & Co. Law Offices. He serves on a number of corporate executive boards and public councils.
my research and publications
- 12/18/2018 - Two Views of the Two State Solution
- 04/16/2020 - Flawed "deal of the century" awaits israeli govt
- 01/23/2020 - Israeli Settlements: Legal Status, Political Reality
- 12/10/2019 - A Guide for U.S.-Iran Negotiations
- 10/31/2019 - West Bank Annexation: A Hazardous Voyage
- 09/16/2019 - Netanyahu-Trump defense treaty a bad idea
- 09/10/2019 - The repercussions of partial or full West Bank annexation by Israel
- 08/28/2019 - Delegitimization of peace advocates
- 10/30/2018 - The Israel-Jordan Peace Treaty
- 11/21/2018 - Social media's role in Mideast peace
- 05/11/2020 - A practical roadmap for 'deal of the century'?