Anaeze C. Offodile II
Title: Nonresident Scholar
Office Phone: (713) 348-2735
Anaeze C. Offodile II, M.D., MPH, is a nonresident scholar in the Center for Health and Biosciences. He is an assistant professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery and Executive Director of Clinical Transformation at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. His scholarship focuses on the on examining the macro environment of surgical care, which includes the workforce elements, organizational structures and health policy contexts that shape surgical care delivery. Offodile’s recent work focuses on unpacking the impact of market-level competition on the accessibility, price and quality of breast reconstruction.
Offodile is a plastic surgeon and board-certified general surgeon. He received training at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in general surgery and at the Lahey Clinic in plastic surgery. He previously worked at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) in the Patient Care Models Group, and he recently completed a reconstructive microsurgery fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Offodile is currently a member of the health care delivery and clinical trial committees of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He received a bachelor’s degree in biology from Kent State University; an M.D. from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he was a recipient of a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship; and an MPH from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
my research and publications
- 09/18/2018 - Consumerism in Health Care
- 03/19/2018 - The patient is now a consumer
- 09/23/2020 - Rethinking cancer care during a pandemic
- 07/26/2020 - Charting a Roadmap for Value-based Surgery in the Post-pandemic Era
- 03/03/2020 - Harnessing Behavioral Economics Principles to Promote Better Surgeon Accountability for Operating Room Cost: A Prospective Study
- 11/07/2019 - 'Medicare for All': A Policy Primer
- 04/04/2019 - Applying a value-based care framework to post-mastectomy reconstruction
- 01/30/2019 - Effect of Regional Hospital Market Competition on Use Patterns of Free Flap Breast Reconstruction
- 11/15/2018 - An Overview of Bundled Payments for Surgical Oncologists
- 03/26/2021 - Development of Machine Learning Algorithms for the Prediction of Financial Toxicity in Localized Breast Cancer Following Surgical Treatment
- 12/21/2020 - Correlation between Financial Toxicity, Quality of Life and Patient Satisfaction in an Insured Population of Breast Cancer Surgical Patients: A Single-Institution Retrospective Study
- 05/04/2021 - How does private equity-backed acquisition impact hospitals?