With the approach of the 2012 U.S. elections, Baker Institute experts are providing commentary and analysis on a wide range of issues on the minds of voters. Click through to the 10 most recent news stories linked below to read the experts' views on energy, politics, health reform and more.
- Baker Institute honorary chair James A. Baker, III, participated in a bipartisan forum at the Center for Strategic and International Studies on the economic and foreign policy implications of the debt crisis as part of the "Strengthening of America -- Our Children's Future" initiative. Watch the video here or read more about his remarks (Sept. 12, 2012).
- Read Houston Chronicle Texas on the Potomac blog post "Conventions give nation a prime-time glimpse of Texas diversity," which quoted political science fellow Mark P. Jones (Sept. 9, 2012).
- Read Houston Chronicle article "Texas Democrats complain of Republican 'overreach,'" in which political science fellow Mark P. Jones is quoted on the controversy of Texas voter ID laws (Sept. 9, 2012).
- Read Houston Chronicle article "Poll shows majority support for bond proposals," in which urban politics fellow Robert Stein discusses a recent poll he helped conduct on Houston-area bond measures up for vote this November (Sept. 7, 2012).
- Read Houston Chronicle Houston Politics blog post "Optimism = support for bond measures," in which urban politics fellow Robert Stein is quoted (Sept. 7, 2012).
- Listen to KUHF FM news story "Despite bonds that favor passage, ballot placement might work against them," which quoted urban politics fellow Robert Stein (Sept. 7, 2012).
- Read Houston Chronicle article "Winners, losers from the Democratic convention," which quotes political science fellow Mark P. Jones (Sept. 7, 2012).
- Watch history fellow and presidential scholar Douglas Brinkley speak to MSNBC (video) about President Barack Obama's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention (Sept. 6, 2012).
- Read the Businessweek article "Rewards outweigh Bill Clinton risks for Obama's re-election bid," which quotes history fellow Douglas Brinkley (Sept. 5, 2012).
- Read the Los Angeles Times article "Bill Clinton's convention appearance could influence two elections," which quotes history fellow Douglas Brinkley (Sept. 4, 2012).
Learn more about election-related events, videos and publications at the Baker Institute on our Election 2012: Policy Perspectives page.